Graveman to Astros for C Korey Lee

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Thompson is a AAAA warm body. Irrelevant 

Now two almost irrelevant Thompson's in the organization...at least some of those former Sox top prospects over the past couple of seasons are going to have wake up to the competition...with so many spots there for the taking on the big league roster.

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Because he still has an 80 grade silver tongue so his job is now basically glorified White House press secretary role for MLB club while Trader Kenny is working in the background.

Perfect job for Hahn.

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lee is easily the best catcher in the org now. He actually has the exact opposite profile of Quero. If Quero can't stick behind the plate, there's always Lee. 

Lee will be in Chicago much sooner.  Never hurts to have too much quality at the position though.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now two almost irrelevant Thompson's in the organization...at least some of those former Sox top prospects over the past couple of seasons are going to have wake up to the competition...with so many spots there for the taking on the big league roster.

Are you referring to Matt Thompson? Cuz you may want to look at the progress he has made in AA this year. Guy is not a bust.  May or may not be a starter eventually, but he is not irrelevant in a pitching-starved org.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

@oldsox

I'd consider this a good sign for Hackenberg. We talked about how the best way to know if sox thought hackenberg was developing was gonna be his promotions. Well, here ya go. When Perez goes down, I assume Xavier Fernandez is gone.

Ahh, looks like some roster additions to the Barons and Knights might allow them both to win a few more games and improve on the Baron's 33-59 and Knights 38-60 W-L records. 🤣

9 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Off topic but @Lip Man 1when is your book due to be printed? 

It's not my book I've written chapters for Dr. Fletcher's second book on the 1990 Sox and the construction of the new stadium. That comes out next summer.

His first book, in which I was a consultant is called, "Chili Dog MVP, Dick Allen, the 1972 White Sox and a transforming Chicago."

There will be a third book in the series dealing with the 1993/94 teams and the labor impasse which will come out after the second book is released.

The chapters I wrote for the second book are the history of SportsVision and Hawk Harrelson's year as Director of Baseball Activities. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Why is Hahn still speaking to the media then? Where is Kenny? 

Kenny is semi retired spending most of his time in Arizona. His contract ends either this year or next and I've been told he has already told JR he is done after that.

I have no idea where this talk started about Kenny taking over for Hahn but that's nonsense. At this stage in his life trying to fix this garbage is the very LAST thing he wants to do. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

When does Hahn start trading some position players?

For real. They're the real ones that need to go. Although pitching will probably net the best returns which is why they are going first. I want to see what we get from Anderson.

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Kenny is semi retired spending most of his time in Arizona. His contract ends either this year or next and I've been told he has already told JR he is done after that.

I have no idea where this talk started about Kenny taking over for Hahn but that's nonsense. At this stage in his life trying to fix this garbage is the very LAST thing he wants to do. 

It was @Harold's Leg Lift a few days ago who said Hahn had been sidelined and would be relieved at the end of the year. I'm skeptical myself but I'll let you two fight that out.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

What is ridiculous?  That LAD asked the Sox to eat $500k due to Trayce when they're eating $12M due to Lynn and Kelly?

The Thompson part of this trade is irrelevant.  No idea why so many people are focused on it.    

I agree.  But since it's the only name they recognize,  it becomes the punchline. 

20 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

For real. They're the real ones that need to go. Although pitching will probably net the best returns which is why they are going first. I want to see what we get from Andeson.

Regarding Anderson, what do we want from Miami now that they say is interested?

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Woof. This was a concern I had where Hahn obssesses over prospect rankings because he doesn't trust the scouts that he hires and hasn't ever fired.

But even so, we are talking about a trade for a middle reliever. He is reasonably athletic. He might just need to keep working.

Do we know if he sets up on a knee?

It’s a good return for a mediocre relief pitcher (and all the returns have been solid on paper) but my concern is that all of the prospects they are getting back either have been worse this year than prior years or have stagnated.

• Like 1

Not that it’s the end all be all…but MLB pipeline re-slotted our system after the trades already. Lee at 13. https://www.mlb.com/prospects/whitesox/
Not sure what to think of him, just a quick google and you’ll see 2 scouting reports that say he will have to move off of catcher and 2 that say his defense is fine. If he can stick at catcher and keep his OBP respectable he should at least a major leaguer. A cheap backup catcher with HR pop certainly isn’t the worst thing. Obviously hope for more tho 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Not that it’s the end all be all…but MLB pipeline re-slotted our system after the trades already. Lee at 13. https://www.mlb.com/prospects/whitesox/
Not sure what to think of him, just a quick google and you’ll see 2 scouting reports that say he will have to move off of catcher and 2 that say his defense is fine. If he can stick at catcher and keep his OBP respectable he should at least a major leaguer. A cheap backup catcher with HR pop certainly isn’t the worst thing. Obviously hope for me tho 

That's quite a bit lower than I'd have expected. They must really be quite down on him.

21 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Not sure what to think of him, just a quick google and you’ll see 2 scouting reports that say he will have to move off of catcher and 2 that say his defense is fine. If he can stick at catcher and keep his OBP respectable he should at least a major leaguer. A cheap backup catcher with HR pop certainly isn’t the worst thing. Obviously hope for more tho 

And then there's this from Rome in The Athletic a couple weeks ago:

Added Storey: “He’s not hitting for as much power as we like, at first, and then he pops two or three homers and it’s like ‘Oh, he’s right back on track.’ The hitting has been good. The contact’s been up. There’s still some chase there, but there’s chase in a lot of guys.”

His hitting is not why Lee is in the minor leagues. Nor is his defense, which most talent evaluators consider above-average or elite. 

• Heads22 unpinned this topic