Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah those guys wrecked their bodies and had short careers.  I understand the process of staying healthy and I actually understand sitting Pham because dude has been at home since the season started.  

The Braves have taken a seemingly different approach

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/why-the-atlanta-braves-best-players-play-every-day

45 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Braves have the benefit of many doubts including not seeing every one of their “foundational” players sitting out large chunks of the season for doing things like legging out a double 

it’s not all perfect and none of it is completely right or wrong, I just think sitting Pham for a day in a season where one month in you are already 10+ games out of first honestly doesn’t matter.  Make sure the guy gets to the deadline healthy and hitting 

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Braves have the benefit of many doubts including not seeing every one of their “foundational” players sitting out large chunks of the season for doing things like legging out a double 

it’s not all perfect and none of it is completely right or wrong, I just think sitting Pham for a day in a season where one month in you are already 10+ games out of first honestly doesn’t matter.  Make sure the guy gets to the deadline healthy and hitting 

At a minimum and in honor of this thread, you would think the guy would say to himself.  I'm playing tommy until we lose.  He fits right in with the zero self awareness.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I guess I never ever considered that we might get anything of interest back for Tommy Pham at the deadline...I just see him as filler that we should play while he is hot.

8 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I just can't get upset about Tommy Pham, TOMMY PHAM... getting a day off.

This is not what is holding us back.

I disagree.

Pham was the only thing between us and multiple parades.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

At a minimum and in honor of this thread, you would think the guy would say to himself.  I'm playing tommy until we lose.  He fits right in with the zero self awareness.

This thread exists due to his lack of self awareness 😂

29 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Not gonna lie - I was extremely excited for about a half second when I saw this:
image.png
I definitely misread the logo as part of the text.

Just me out here delivering false hope 

• Paper Bag 1

46 minutes ago, wegner said:

I guess I never ever considered that we might get anything of interest back for Tommy Pham at the deadline...I just see him as filler that we should play while he is hot.

Im sure that was part of his consideration when signing with the White Sox. If you believe in yourself and perform to a certain level it is almost a certainty you will be traded to a contender come July.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Im sure that was part of his consideration when signing with the White Sox. If you believe in yourself and perform to a certain level it is almost a certainty you will be traded to a contender come July.

Yeah for sure. Clear path to playing time on a team that likely doesn't have you in their future plans. If he stays healthy and performs reasonably well, I think he's setting himself up nicely for the trade deadline.

12 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's honestly a joke that baseball players today don't play every game. This used to be the norm. Now it's extremely rare.

This one really made me mad because it was as if a 3-game win streak in Pedro's mind had turned the Sox into an actual team. We need to win 19 in a row to even creep into contention. So he sits the guy responsible for the turnaround 3 games in. What a joke. I now am firmly in the fire Pedro corner. Disgusting decision to sit the new guy for rest purposes.

Edited by greg775

Posted (edited)

White Sox went from a plus defensive outfield to one of the very worst in the league with Benintendi, Pham in CF and Sheets in RF.

And Getz was attempting to fix “no FA pitchers want to sign with the White Sox.”

Average combined catch probability of roughly 13%.

Edited by caulfield12

20 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Give Grady Sizemore the job. Because why the hell not. 

Exactly.  Why not?  It’s not like if you cut ties with Pedro now other teams will be knocking at the door for his services.  Say he miraculously finds a way to manage his kid’s little league team to a .400 win %—giving you hope that he has the shot at sniffing a .300 win % in the big leagues down the road…you can pick him up again with zero competition at pennies on the dollar if the new guy isn’t cutting it.

13 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Exactly.  Why not?  It’s not like if you cut ties with Pedro now other teams will be knocking at the door for his services.  Say he miraculously finds a way to manage his kid’s little league team to a .400 win %—giving you hope that he has the shot at sniffing a .300 win % in the big leagues down the road…you can pick him up again with zero competition at pennies on the dollar if the new guy isn’t cutting it.

Keep this loser tryhard dork far away from them kids.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Keep this loser tryhard dork far away from them kids.

"I don't take them out for ice cream after games. I've never had ice cream. There's baseball to focus on."

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Give Grady Sizemore the job. Because why the hell not. 

As player-manager?

Either way, I'm game.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

As player-manager?

Either way, I'm game.

2 hours ago, FT35 said:

I honestly couldn't have more confidence that he'd be a better manager, and I know absolutely nothing about Sizemore post playing career.  But he was a great player, is young, is likeable, seems like he could connect with the players.  This roster is bad, but I just don't get the lame duck BS with Pedro.  Everything he has preached hasn't worked or come to fruition.  Quite the oppose in fact.  If you don't want to pay for a new manager, just give the job to Sizemore.  You're paying him anyway.  I'd like that way more than Montoyo - let him stay in his role. 

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I honestly couldn't have more confidence that he'd be a better manager, and I know absolutely nothing about Sizemore post playing career.  But he was a great player, is young, is likeable, seems like he could connect with the players.  This roster is bad, but I just don't get the lame duck BS with Pedro.  Everything he has preached hasn't worked or come to fruition.  Quite the oppose in fact.  If you don't want to pay for a new manager, just give the job to Sizemore.  You're paying him anyway.  I'd like that way more than Montoyo - let him stay in his role. 

The issue is JR doesn't like to have to pay people not to work and Grifol still has a multi-year contract.