Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d love to see people rank these three trade proposals:

• Orioles: Kjerstad, Ortiz, & Horvath
  • Dodgers: Busch, Sheehan, & Pages
  • Braves: AJ S-S, Waldrep, & Grissom

Personally, I’d rank them in the listed order, but all three are deals I’d be willing to accept (ideally with some lesser 4th piece included).  Meanwhile, BBTV would rank the Dodgers package as the highest ($66M in SV), followed by the Braves package ($56M), and then the Orioles in a distant third ($32M).  BBTV has Kjerstad at only $16M in value as I’d personally rank him as a low-end 55 FV guy and put his expected value closer to $40M.  Regardless, it’s a good reminder that BBTV is a fun tool, but its player valuations are highly suspect and never assume a trade will or will not work based on what it spits out.

My opinions are mostly based on reading about them here, but Kjerstad seems like the big get and the best headliner. O’s can probably offer better secondaries than the other two as well. 

O’s, LAD, ATL, in that order. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

My opinions are mostly based on reading about them here, but Kjerstad seems like the big get and the best headliner. O’s can probably offer better secondaries than the other two as well. 

O’s, LAD, ATL, in that order. 

O's secondary piece is better than most's 1st piece.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

We're gonna keep pitching O's, Dodgers, and Braves packages, maybe with a dash of Reds, Red Sox or Padres, and it'll be the Mets or something.

I was thinking the same thing. What if it ends up being a surprise club that steps up with an offer after lurking for awhile? 

Although unlikely, the Twins could be a potential sleeper suitor? They have the prospects to get a deal done.

Yankees? Rangers? Phillies? Blue Jays? Mets? Cardinals? 

Astros do not have the farm to get a deal done

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I was thinking the same thing. What if it ends up being a surprise club that steps up with an offer after lurking for awhile? 

Although unlikely, the Twins could be a potential sleeper suitor? They have the prospects to get a deal done.

Yankees? Rangers? Phillies? Blue Jays? Mets? Cardinals? 

Astros do not have the farm to get a deal done

I dont mind trading with MIN so long as Julien the young LHS is part of the package. 

41 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

The Padres are looking to further reduce payroll.  They will want younger players instead of arbitration eligible players. 

They were supposedly in on Lee, so they have payroll room to add Cease. If we are talking Cease + Eloy, then we could take Cronenworth back.

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

5/135 for Glasnow and his career high 120 IP at age 30…how is Cease at 2/18-20(ish) not worth a king’s ransom? 

The question is how much prospect capital a team is willing to use vs. money. This cost the dodgers both but most teams aren't going to do that. 

Baltimore is interesting that they have such a low budget that they need to keep prospects to be competitive in the future. But don't have quite enough to put them over the top yet. 

• Fire 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic