Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Put me in team Meh.  With out a top 20 headliner, you need all three of these guys to come near their potential to make this worth while.

It’s pretty obvious at this point that a top 20 prospect was never going to happen, from any interested team.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Thorpe easily slides into #3

Matter of taste. I simply do not care for rhp that throw 90-92, who's best pitch is a change. Track record in the last 30 years is terrible for the profile. I hope I'm wrong, but he seems like a better version of Jonathan Cannon. I mean we all celebrated dumping Mena over the fastball and he throws harder than Thorpe.  I almost put Zavala ahead of him for upside.

• Like 2

Just now, Timmy U said:

Matter of taste. I simply do not care for rhp that throw 90-92, who's best pitch is a change. Track record in the last 30 years is terrible for the profile. I hope I'm wrong, but he seems like a better version of Jonathan Cannon. I mean we all celebrated dumping Mena over the fastball and he throws harder than Thorpe.  I almost put Zavala ahead of him for upside.

I hated the Mena trade to be fair haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Um, I'd take the Burnes deal over this. 

I like Hall better than Thorpe, even if he's older. 

And you also like a 26 year old infielder over a 19 year old lefty CF with multiple tools?  And for THIS team in its current state?  Wow…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

With it being the Padres, who have a shitty lineup, you think they would maybe give a little more and try to get Eloy too, no?

Had to get payroll under $200 million after Seidler died.  Too much downside risk attached to that salary.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Thorpe definitely ahead of Quero...and Nastrini.

I may be the high man on Nastrini. 96+ with a good if inconsistent breaking ball and his change has developed into a weapon. Personally, would not bump him for Thorpe.

5 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

So Wilson could end up being our closer? Am I missing someone else? If he ends up taking that role and he looks good to really good that could end up being a really good trade piece

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the plan so they can turn him into another decent prospect or two.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

With it being the Padres, who have a shitty lineup, you think they would maybe give a little more and try to get Eloy too, no?

Tatis Machado Bogaerts Kim Campusano Cronenworth is fine...it's the other three spots at the bottom.

All depends on how quickly Merrill adjusts.

Edited by caulfield12

Posted (edited)

People are legit sleeping on Thorpe.  We’re talking about a SP with 70 grade command.  Steamer & ZiPS both project him as a 2 win pitcher this year.  I’d normally say he’s more of a middle of the rotation profile, but with Bannister just never know where he can rise him.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 4

• Heads22 unpinned this topic