2024 White Sox Opening Day thread 3/28 3:10 first pitch vs Detroit

I'll be curious to see what the attendance is for today. Got an e-mail this morning from the Sox saying that tickets were still available.

Just a sad, sad situation. 

• Paper Bag 1

30 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'll be curious to see what the attendance is for today. Got an e-mail this morning from the Sox saying that tickets were still available.

Just a sad, sad situation. 

Heard 6 bucks for decent seats earlier today. 1st opener I've ever intentionally avoided and first I've missed in 20 years. I hope it's empty. 

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

MLB.com rated this as the 15th best Opening Day pitching match-up, haha.

At first I read this and thought “hey, middle of the pack - not bad!”

Then I thought about for a second… “ooooohhhhh…”

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Heard 6 bucks for decent seats earlier today. 1st opener I've ever intentionally avoided and first I've missed in 20 years. I hope it's empty. 

This is probably the relative cheapest opening day for fans since the strike.  Obviously inflation has changed the cash price, but in relative terms, it has been FOREVER since you could get tickets like this.

17 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

According to stub hub there actually isn't as many available as I thought there would be. There might actually be a decent crowd today. 25-30k is my guess. I could also be way off on that. Weather is certainly on the Sox side. 46 degrees and partly cloudy is certainly chilly, but by no means unbearable, especially with a walk or two around the concourse and a couple hotdogs in the belly.

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember how awesome we thought our post-rebuild lineups would look on paper?  It never panned out but now the bottom half of our lineup is DeJong, Pillar, Maldonado, and Lopez — literally bench players on almost any other MLB team.

A long-term winner was there for the taking.
Management sat on their hands, didn't build via Free Agency, and gave the skipper job to the owner's washed up buddy.

They killed morale, created a toxic environment, and set everything back.
I guess back to back playoff years and early exits is all we will get from "The Window"

image.png

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 2

I'd say it is a bad reflection on our team for there to be so many tickets available for Opening Day...

But this ownership and management regime is getting EXACTLY what it deserves, with a pile of empty seats.

• Like 1