5/2-Angels vs Sox 1:10 Central Start, Series Finale

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

The problem is he does show it on fastballs, looked a little better today but it's still creeping above the glove a hair. 

He had his A++ stuff today. You can get away with it when you throw 100 and can keep the slider in the zone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Gavin Sheets has 237 PA going into today in 70 games? Your point is? 

70 games is enough of a sample size but 31 isn't? 

You are arguing that both suck here and now.  That may be.  All I am saying is that Burger deserves a longer look.  Burger might not amount to anything more, but he can at least play a passable 3rd where as Sheets is just awful anywhere you put him on the field.  Simply being Left Handed means jack shit to me if you are starting to look like Daniel Palka.  

The Angels have been playing good baseball and are leading in the West.

We just split a 4 game home series with them.

Outstanding, no.

Acceptable, yes.

Better, absolutely.

• Like 3

I think….I just enjoyed watching a Sox game? Rare this season, feels weird

But love to see the pitching staff dominant and good overall team play. Offense still needs to be better, but at least the D was solid and no stupid mistakes took us out of the game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He had his A++ stuff today. You can get away with it when you throw 100 and can keep the slider in the zone. 

Def, he just needs to be able to control the stuff and it doesn't matter. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think a lot of the Sheets hate is because Tony plays him over Vaughn and in RF. Nothing to do with him, all about his usage. 

My hate for him is he was a nice story in 2021 but far too much stock was put into it by the FO.  He’s just this year’s Delmonico or Palka.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Golden Sombrero for Trout! That's rarer than winning the world series. Send home plate to Cooperstown. 

Little known rule 94.568.33 states anyone who suffers a Golden Sombrero in any season is automatically eliminated from MVP consideration for that season....Sorry Mike....them's the breaks.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Jo Addell might be one of the worst outfielders I've ever seen. Especially for a guy who's pretty fast. 

Jo Adell is the most overrated prospect in MLB history

Just now, shago said:

Jo Adell is the most overrated prospect in MLB history

That's a bit of an exaggeration, he's not even the most overrated Angels prospect of the last decade+. Brandon Wood was #3 in all of baseball and he was a complete Hack.

Adell still may figure it out with the bat. He's had some flashes.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration, he's not even the most overrated Angels prospect of the last decade+. Brandon Wood was #3 in all of baseball and he was a complete Hack.

Was the #1 MLB prospect for several years, will take the under ...

He's no Dylan Cease, that we can agree on

3 hours ago, fathom said:

My hate for him is he was a nice story in 2021 but far too much stock was put into it by the FO.  He’s just this year’s Delmonico or Palka.

For all the times people talk about sample sizes and the need for lefty power, with the rest of the guys in the lineup also struggling and Gavin's performance last year and clearly being the heavy in the Vaughn playing time saga I'm sorry but I'm not seeing a lot of fairness towards him. It has always been about Vaughn and it will continue to be. All that being said Sheets has to step it up along with many of the others getting significant AB's.

Given how badly most of the board wanted to pay  Conforto I'm not real comfortable trusting most of who are the same guys shitting on Sheets. Sheets takes AB's away from Vaughn and he isn't Conforto and  there's a lot of misdirected anger at him.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

For all the times people talk about sample sizes and the need for lefty power, with the rest of the guys in the lineup also struggling and Gavin's performance last year and clearly being the heavy in the Vaughn playing time saga I'm sorry but I'm not seeing a lot of fairness towards him. It has always been about Vaughn and it will continue to be. All that being said Sheets has to step it up along with many of the others getting significant AB's.

Given how badly most of the board wanted to pay  Conforto I'm not real comfortable trusting most of who are the same guys shitting on Sheets. Sheets takes AB's away from Vaughn and he isn't Conforto and  there's a lot of misdirected anger at him.

Well he’s been pretty terrible AND is a pitiful defender so that doesn’t help. 

10 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Jarred Kelenic is willing to fight for it.

Just checked his stats and woooooooof striking out just under half his at bats isn't too good

13 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maitan?

15 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Good win boys. Great job by Cease and Hendricks.

A bit melodramatic but we might look back on this win as a singularly  important turning point in Sox season. Both because Cease had the weight of the world on his shoulders and was up to the task as and, had he not been, it would be hard for anyone to be optimistic about the rest of the season despite being this early in the year. 

• Like 1