If the Sox trade for Juan Soto we have a chance.

Jerksticks

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Thank God you aren’t in the drivers seat. 😆

Which of those four guys that I posted about can be counted on?

Robert is injured at least three times a year but he has great value and will get Soto.  He just missed the two biggest series of the year for light headedness.  Certain guys are injured often.  He, Moncada, and Jimenez are these type of players. 

Kopech is going to be shut down soon and seems to have already hit his ceiling...when does he hit his ceiling next year?  He is also often injured as well at least now it is his legs and not his arm.  He also took a year off to find himself.  Should he produce at his hopeful level he will not be resigned.

Nobody knows what Colas is.

Crochet is hopefully a lefthanded bullpen arm. 

Nobody knows what Sosa is.

I personally wouldn't make the trade but if the Sox wanted him that to me is the package they have to put together and has the least long term impact on the organization.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Which of those four guys that I posted about can be counted on?

Robert is injured at least three times a year but he has great value and will get Soto.  He just missed the two biggest series of the year for light headedness.  Certain guys are injured often.  He, Moncada, and Jimenez are these type of players. 

Kopech is going to be shut down soon and seems to have already hit his ceiling...when does he hit his ceiling next year?  He is also often injured as well at least now it is his legs and not his arm.  He also took a year off to find himself.  Should he produce at his hopeful level he will not be resigned.

Nobody knows what Colas is.

Crochet is hopefully a lefthanded bullpen arm. 

Nobody knows what Sosa is.

I personally wouldn't make the trade but if the Sox wanted him that to me is the package they have to put together and has the least long term impact on the organization.

You don’t trade 6.5 years of Luis Robert plus plus plus… for 2.5 years of Soto.

Period.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Sharing from another thread, but Bowden says Sox are talking to the Nats about Soto

Chicago White Sox (48-48, .500) — The White Sox are having discussions with teams about many of the available premium players, from Soto to Castillo, and they’re also interested in free-agent outfielder Michael Conforto. They are 4 games back in the division and all-in on trying to return to the playoffs. They are also targeting bullpen help and upgrades at second base and in right field.

Edited by Jose Abreu

31 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Robert, Colas, Kopech, Crochet  and the guy the brought up for a cup of coffee whose name escapes me.

I love Robert but he is too injury prone. 

Take on Corbin and keep Crochet or Kopech

This is KW testing the waters for our reaction. Not falling for that, Kenny! Get back to work.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech and Vaughn as the main pieces for Soto, sign me up 

I was thinking along the same lines. Would probably have to be Kopech, Vaughn, Montgomery+ though, right? The potential inclusion of Corbin is what messes things up, as I don't see any way Reinsdorf takes on both salaries (even if the Nats kick in cash)

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I was thinking along the same lines. Would probably have to be Kopech, Vaughn, Montgomery+ though, right? The potential inclusion of Corbin is what messes things up, as I don't see any way Reinsdorf takes on both salaries (even if the Nats kick in cash)

Agreed on all counts

I'm sorry but I think Michael Kopech is not a piece you can include in this trade. He already has immense trade value this year, but given his trajectory could very easily be one of the most valuable players in the MLB by next season. I'm glad this thread pumped the brakes on Dylan Cease (I'd only consider trading him straight up for Soto and even then it would be long consideration), but Kopech is not too far behind Cease in that regard. It may be what it takes to actually get a deal done, but IMO including Kopech in any deal with Vaughn, Montgomery and Colas (+?) is a massive overpay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I'm sorry but I think Michael Kopech is not a piece you can include in this trade. He already has immense trade value this year, but given his trajectory could very easily be one of the most valuable players in the MLB by next season. I'm glad this thread pumped the brakes on Dylan Cease (I'd only consider trading him straight up for Soto and even then it would be long consideration), but Kopech is not too far behind Cease in that regard. It may be what it takes to actually get a deal done, but IMO including Kopech in any deal with Vaughn, Montgomery and Colas (+?) is a massive overpay.

Reason I’m including Kopech is he’s already arb eligible next year.  

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

free agency would be the obvious answer, but realistically that means shedding some payroll. Of course Keuchel will be off the books as well.

We already have to add one starter next off-season unless we plan to bring back and rely on a 37 year old Cueto.  Honestly, I don’t think Kopech is movable given the lack of pitching depth in the upper minors.  Also, I think people are letting a mediocre 2022 season driven by him getting stretched out get in the way of a proper evaluation.  Dude is likely to take a massive step forward next year and I fully expect him to be our #2 starter behind Cease for the next three years.  I get how good Soto is, but creating a major hole in the rotation is going to negate much of the value.

• Like 1

I would trade Robert if it meant getting Juan Soto. There is nothing in this organization I wouldn’t move to get him. The only issue is they would never pay the man what it would take to keep him beyond two years. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Kopech and Vaughn as the main pieces for Soto, sign me up 

Yeah I don’t think there is any chance the Sox make a move for anyone significant this trade deadline. If they do I’d be shocked. Not getting any sort of hopes up though