Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes. Perhaps it doesn't come to fruition before the next home series, but I don't think that tweet goes out without legitimate information.

The most likely scenario for Tony to step down based on the heavy toll it is taking physically and mentally approaching 78 years old. He displayed a lot more energy last season while he was still fresh. He looked happy and at least somewhat engaged, including literally running out after Abreu was hit. He spoke slow in press conferences, but still clear and understandable. I would say he sounded more coherent in his DUI arrest videos than he does in 2022 postgame Q & As.

There could be a health issue perhaps he or his wife are dealing with. He also has to be disappointed with the way things are going, and perhaps he consulted with his close confidents (Bill Belichick, Bill Parcels, others) and decided it is best to step down, claim health reasons which nobody will give him grief for if he stays retired, and let him walk away with some semblance of dignity.

It's likely he would give Jerry sometime to discuss replacement options, within the past week or two, and now Kenny and Hahn are involved on next steps.

I said earlier that I thought it was too late to use the health issues excuses and everyone would see through it for what it was, but I buy into what you're saying.

If he's actually going to step down, it makes sense to get some time to make an internal transition plan and have plan in place. The all-star break also gives the team, etc. the to adjust and get replacements into position.

I buy that there may be internal conversations going on saying "I'm stepping down in a week so let's get our ducks in a row" etc.

Here's hoping, at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

With how arrogant Tony is, I can’t see him stepping down. He’s the type of person that will blame everything else before taking responsibility himself.

He's 77 years old. He can always say it's due to the physical grind and has nothing to do with the team's performance.

That said, I agree that it's very unlikely he steps down as long as the Sox are not deadline sellers.

When a team underproduces...managers get axed.  It happens to the best.  I don't think JR will sit back and watch the window close without every effort to right the ship.  He tried to right a perceived wrong with Tony but it didn't work out.  JR has been around long enough to be a realist IMO.

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

When a team underproduces...managers get axed.  It happens to the best.  I don't think JR will sit back and watch the window close without every effort to right the ship.  He tried to right a perceived wrong with Tony but it didn't work out.  JR has been around long enough to be a realist IMO.

The trouble with JR is that he has been around too long. This is reflected in this hiring in the first place.

Listening to TLR try to explain why they walked Ramirez yesterday after 0-1 count was the most bizarre thing I have heard a Manager say. I'm pretty sure part of the mumbling and rambling was him blaming it on Davis. 

The players have quit on him. They have 0 respect for him. They are playing to get him fired. 

The only chance this team has at possibly turning things around is for TLR to resign or be fired. Everyone knows it but only JR can make that happen.

Edited by brijames1957
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

AL Wild Card Standings

1. Tampa Bay 47-40 + 1 1/2
  2. Boston 47-41 + 1
  3. Toronto 46-42 (Final Spot) <= You Are Fired
  4. Seattle 45-42 - 1/2
  5. Baltimore 44-44 -2
  6. Cleveland 43-43 -2
  7. Chicago 42-45 -3 1/2 <= Safe And Sound

You know they didn’t have the injuries like the Whitesox have had. Not fair to put it on TLR…

22 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

You know they didn’t have the injuries like the Whitesox have had. Not fair to put it on TLR…

Yeah, who would have guessed Robert would get hurt. Eloy would get hurt, Grandal would get hurt, Lynn would have a knew issue only 50 lbs overweight and a lifetime of pitching putting pressure on it, TA would get hurt, Engel would get hurt, Pollock would get hurt....you would almost have to think it happens every year not to be shocked..wait. 

If the Sox championship window is predicated on these players staying healthy, it's almost more crazy than it being predicated on each having a career year.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • TLR 1

Ozzie showing his ass on Twitter and putting this drama on the national stage will surely get him his old job back, right?  A job he quit after negotiating with another team while still under contract.  This is the clown some still want back?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Ozzie showing his ass on Twitter and putting this drama on the national stage will surely get him his old job back, right?  A job he quit after negotiating with another team while still under contract.  This is the clown some still want back?

Yep, and this is a good reminder for folks that still think Ozzie should be the manager again of what will happen if he's given the stage.

Perfect case of Chicago's "backup quarterback" mentality where we think the next guy MUST be better than what we have, right??

We've seen Ozzie. We know Ozzie. We deserve better than Ozzie now.

• Like 1