2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

I really hope Billy Hamilton makes this team. He's just so fun, and this team needs that. The dugout seemed so much more energetic when he and Brian Goodwin were here. He's our new Yolmer.

Wish we had Brett Phillips for that very reason. This team needs an energy guy, someone that is actually *likeable*.

• Thanks 1

Colas gets a nod from Baseball America as the #3 hottest prospect in ST this week (after Josh Jung and Casey Schmitt):

Why He’s Here: .417/.462/.917 (5-for-12), 4 R, 0 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 2 RBIs, 1 BB, 0 SO, 0-for-1 SB

The Scoop: Colas has a good shot of landing in the White Sox’s outfield on Opening Day, possibly pushing Eloy Jimenez to a DH role. The Cuban signee was impressive on both sides of the ball in his first season after signing with Chicago. Across three levels, he hit .314/.371/.524 with 23 home runs. He’s been scorching this spring, too, with a 1.052 OPS and two longballs in 14 games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I really hope Billy Hamilton makes this team. He's just so fun, and this team needs that. The dugout seemed so much more energetic when he and Brian Goodwin were here. He's our new Yolmer.

Wish we had Brett Phillips for that very reason. This team needs an energy guy, someone that is actually *likeable*.

If only he could hit. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m not against kicking Leury to the curb but I don’t think I would bring Billy with the team. Unless rosters expanded while there was still a 13 pitcher cap on rosters.

I love Billy, but with only so many bench spots available someone needs to provide some level of pinch hitting ability.  Sadly that’s not really something we can expect from him. 

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I love Billy, but with only so many bench spots available someone needs to provide some level of pinch hitting ability.  Sadly that’s not really something we can expect from him. 

You don't like walk off bunts???

• Haha 1