Mike Mayers Acquired

CWSpalehoseCWS

1 minute ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Why don't they just sign me. I will gladly take league minimum, lose games just like these guys, and do it with way more entertainment value.

"I just talked to Jerry and he wants to know when you can get here...or better yet get yourself to Atlanta so we can avoid some travel expenses?"

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I get why they did this of course but big picture what does it say about the organization that six years after the rebuild started in a so-called "window of contention' they are having to resort to picking up stiffs, has been's, flotsam and jetsam because they have no one else available or ready in their own minor league system.

🤡

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

"I just talked to Jerry and he wants to know when you can get here...or better yet get yourself to Atlanta so we can avoid some travel expenses?"

image.jpeg

Luis had to ride the Greyhound from Seattle. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I get why they did this of course but big picture what does it say about the organization that six years after the rebuild started in a so-called "window of contention' they are having to resort to picking up stiffs, has been's, flotsam and jetsam because they have no one else available or ready in their own minor league system.

🤡

Just pathetic, what else can one say.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

🤡

The window for contention is over.  Get ready for the trades, as the rebuild failed.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

ERA this season 6.15.  Career ERA 5.31.  Not even worth of mop up duties.

Good to see that Rick Hahn is still trying to improve this club and make it stronger for the run during this championship window.

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Is there something imminent or are we going to have to wait until end of month?

We haven’t had pitching depth all season so I would say a move like this a few weeks before the deadline is probably telling. 

we are 16 games under .500, the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 1

Basically he couldn't even make it on the second worst team in baseball that had even more pitching injuries...

"Mayers had been operating as a bulk reliever behind an opener during his last three appearances, but he drew his second start of the year Saturday. The role switch didn't change things for the right-hander, who has now given up 16 earned runs over his past three outings while posting more walks (five) than strikeouts (three) during that stretch. The Royals are dealing with numerous injuries to their pitching staff, which has allowed Mayers to carve out a role recently, but if he continues to struggle, Kansas City may have to look for help in the minors.

Mayers was removed from the Royals' 40-man roster last month after putting up a 6.15 ERA in six games (two starts) this season. He'll head to Triple-A Charlotte for now but could eventually get a shot with the White Sox in the rotation or bullpen."

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/mike-mayers-player

Charlotte ticket sales department must be simply elated....

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

🤡

The Sox once upon a time like 18 years ago signed a lefty reliever with a great arm, but couldn’t get anyone out. They transformed him into a good player, so ever since then they decided to become  the patron saint of guys that can throw a brick through a battleship, but can’t hit the catcher’s mitt.

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The Sox once upon a time like 18 years ago signed a lefty reliever with a great arm, but couldn’t get anyone out. They transformed him into a good player, so ever since then they decided to become  the patron saint of guys that can throw a brick through a battleship, but can’t hit the catcher’s mitt.

Damaso Marte was a trade...along with Cotts.

Edited by caulfield12

• bmags unpinned this topic