It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

One thing of note, in his media availability JR said unequivocally "Going forward, Tony LaRussa has no decision making authority in this organization."

Worth mentioning.

Tony La Russa got revenge and the last laugh on Kenny and Rick.

Chris just wanted a promotion. Seems like he could be a nice person, but he is out of his element, and that was before he started answering questions.

• Like 1

In case no one has posted this AJ clip yet.

He misses some details on players Sheets was a 2nd rounder (who wasn't even in the on-site camp in 2020!) and Crochet was never in the minor leagues  but god damn does he nail it with Getz' record + the Omar Vizquel situation.

Also, mentioning Gavin Sheets. Isn't it a massive indictment that two of the minor leaguers that improved their stock the most in 2020 (Sheets, Burger) were ones that weren't at the on-site camp and took their development into their own hands?

Yes, Burger was finally returning from injury, but he still wasn't invited to the on-site camp. But I'm sure Getz had to have some input on who to bring.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

AJ is fantastic in the media now. God I wish he was in this organization in some capacity. 

I'm still 100% against AJ as a manager (because I don't want a rookie manager getting the job due to being a White Sox hero), but if he were on a coaching staff or coaching one of the minor league teams, I'd be behind it.

I'm afraid he'd go insane because he'd be the only self-aware person in the room.

52 minutes ago, Quin said:

He misses some details on players Sheets was a 2nd rounder (who wasn't even in the on-site camp in 2020!) and Crochet was never in the minor leagues  but god damn does he nail it with Getz' record + the Omar Vizquel situation.

Also, mentioning Gavin Sheets. Isn't it a massive indictment that two of the minor leaguers that improved their stock the most in 2020 (Sheets, Burger) were ones that weren't at the on-site camp and took their development into their own hands?

Yes, Burger was finally returning from injury, but he still wasn't invited to the on-site camp. But I'm sure Getz had to have some input on who to bring.

The amount of absolute hacks out there that will praise anything the Sox do is embarrassing. Anybody with a fucking brain can see this and the plethora of other questionable s%*# they do is straight garbage. Yet you have people like Bowden, Nightengale and Bruce who praise things like this. It's a straight embarrassment. I'm going to call into Hit and Run on 670 the score and let Bruce have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Crochet was at the Alt site for a bit in 2020 if we want to count that as "minor leagues" under the circumstances, but that and the Sheets thing are minor nits to pick in otherwise spot on arguments.

• Like 1

Colson Montgomery made an interesting comment something like “I’m up there every time to wear down that pitcher and be a super hard out.”

Im sure I messed that up a bit but the point is he’s like the only Sox player I’ve ever heard actually talk about “playing the game” while in the box.  

If I ran the Sox that would be the main thing I preached across all levels.  That would be the Sox way: “we are the toughest outs you’ll ever face”.

Not sure why only Colson has that mindset. He’s also the #2 prospect in baseball so I dunno. 

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Colson Montgomery made an interesting comment something like “I’m up there every time to wear down that pitcher and be a super hard out.”

Im sure I messed that up a bit but the point is he’s like the only Sox player I’ve ever heard actually talk about “playing the game” while in the box.  

If I ran the Sox that would be the main thing I preached across all levels.  That would be the Sox way: “we are the toughest outs you’ll ever face”.

Not sure why only Colson has that mindset. He’s also the #2 prospect in baseball so I dunno. 

Completely agree. 

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Burger was at the alternate site. I saw him in person multiple times. It’s when I was convinced that he’d play in the big leagues 

5 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

There are others in the system thinking similarly. Last few drafts have been solid and Andy Barkett is good at his job. 

59 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Burger was at the alternate site. I saw him in person multiple times. It’s when I was convinced that he’d play in the big leagues 

There are others in the system thinking similarly. Last few drafts have been solid and Andy Barkett is good at his job. 

James - What is your honest assessment of this hire and press conference yesterday?

If Getz is now the SVP/GM , then I am rooting that he can start to move this team upward. Most of us are true White Sox fans , so we should hope that Getz starts to mold this franchise into a competitive team.  Probably won't happen next year but we hope to see progress in multiple areas of the organization.  Like many fans, I have my concerns that JR doesn't have a clue what he is doing. But as a fan, I hope Getz can start to turn this team around.  We will see fairly soon how much money is put into this team to start  building  Robert's new team around him. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Given the facade we can win next year, I just realized that Dylan Cease is all but certain to be here for the next two years and then leave for nothing.  Amazing how fucked we are with Jerry and this hire.

I think they try to compete and when they’re bad next year, they trade him at the deadline

Just now, fathom said:

I think they try to compete and when they’re bad next year, they trade him at the deadline

I sure hope he puts it back together. The carrot on a stick of getting traded to a contender and out of this garbage organization is all the motivation one should need.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic