Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Capn12

8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Recommended Posts

Hey, how about we keep this train a goin'?

image.png

 

The king is back!

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timmy

Robert

Abreu

Eloy

Vaughn

Moncada

Hernandez

Leury

Zavala

Pls TLR

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Hey, how about we keep this train a goin'?

image.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Timmy

Robert

Abreu

Eloy

Vaughn

Moncada

Hernandez

Leury

Zavala

Pls TLR

I really like this lineup, though I think it's pretty apparent that TLR is resting Tim for the entirety of the indoor turf series to rest/protect his legs. I'll be surprised if we see him today, but I fully expect him back for the cubs series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I anticipate the following

Wednesday Night (Vs. LH Starter): 

  1. SS Anderson
  2. 2B Hernandez #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. LF Jimenez
  5. 3B Moncada #
  6. CF Robert 
  7. DH Vaughn 
  8. RF Garcia#
  9. C Collins 

Bench: Goodwin; Lamb; Mendick; Zavala.

Thursday Afternoon (Vs. LH Starter): (WTF Lineup Day, Rodon is a strikeout guy or "Deal with it Dallas" Keuchel lineup, Rest trumps platoons)

  1. CF Goodwin ^
  2. 2B Hernandez #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. DH Jimenez 
  5. LF Vaughn
  6. 3B Garcia #
  7. C Zavala (only because there is a day game after a night game, otherwise he remains in the doghouse for not reading Tony's mind on Tuesday)
  8. RF Lamb ^
  9. SS Mendick

Bench: Anderson; Collins; Moncada; Robert. (And they will not go in unless someone's arm and/or leg are literally laying on the ground). 

Expecting a lot of Thursday rest for the day after night, plus astro turf, plus customs and airplane flight.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need Moncada or Robert at 2 spot until Hernandez can get on a roll. i think Moncada HAS to be #2 come playoffs and have Robert after Grandal at 6 spot to get the most of each skillset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Really need Moncada or Robert at 2 spot until Hernandez can get on a roll. i think Moncada HAS to be #2 come playoffs and have Robert after Grandal at 6 spot to get the most of each skillset. 

How about Moncada against righties and Robert against lefties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

How about Moncada against righties and Robert against lefties?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdz5qq2ks18adex0fx8h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

How about Moncada against righties and Robert against lefties?

vs RHP, I really like TA, Moncada, Jose, Eloy, Grandal, Robert, Vaughn, Hernandez, Goodwin/Engel

I've been back and forth vs LHP. I was originally thinking Moncada 2nd and Robert 5th, but maybe now I'm leaning more toward Robert 2nd and Grandal or Vaughn 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

How about Moncada against righties and Robert against lefties?

While LR would be optimal 2nd vs. LHP, though I can't see Tony going with four straight RH hitters (TA, LR, JA, EJ).

He'll likely want Grandal fifth as well not to bunch up three straight RH only hitters, whereas I rather see him bat sixth.

My optimal lineup would be every game except C rest when needed and no platoon beyond flipping the 2nd and 5th spots:

My preferred Playoff Lineup:

  1. SS Anderson
  2. 3B Moncada (R) or CF Robert (L)
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. DH Jimenez
  5. CF Robert (R) or 3B Moncada (L)
  6. C Grandal
  7. LF Vaughn
  8. 2B Hernandez
  9. RF Engel

Tony's Likely Playoff Lineup

  1. SS Anderson
  2. 3B Moncada #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. DH/LF Jimenez
  5. C/DH Grandal # (if DH & Eloy in LF, Vaughn sits)
  6. CF Robert
  7. LF Vaughn
  8. 2B Hernandez # or Garcia #
  9. RF Goodwin^ or Garcia # (R); Engle or Garcia # (L)
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaughn has improved vs RH starters but there might be a better alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I anticipate the following

Wednesday Night (Vs. LH Starter): 

  1. SS Anderson
  2. 2B Hernandez #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. LF Jimenez
  5. 3B Moncada #
  6. CF Robert 
  7. DH Vaughn 
  8. RF Garcia#
  9. C Collins 

Bench: Goodwin; Lamb; Mendick; Zavala.

Thursday Afternoon (Vs. LH Starter): (WTF Lineup Day, Rodon is a strikeout guy or "Deal with it Dallas" Keuchel lineup, Rest trumps platoons)

  1. CF Goodwin ^
  2. 2B Hernandez #
  3. 1B Abreu
  4. DH Jimenez 
  5. LF Vaughn
  6. 3B Garcia #
  7. C Zavala (only because there is a day game after a night game, otherwise he remains in the doghouse for not reading Tony's mind on Tuesday)
  8. RF Lamb ^
  9. SS Mendick

Bench: Anderson; Collins; Moncada; Robert. (And they will not go in unless someone's arm and/or leg are literally laying on the ground). 

Expecting a lot of Thursday rest for the day after night, plus astro turf, plus customs and airplane flight.

you ever get tired of spending that much time formatting what is essentially a tired trope?

  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you ever get tired of spending that much time formatting what is essentially a tired trope?

Tbf, he's started rage-posting about the "Chicago Hockey Team" (what he calls the Blackhawks) in another part of the board, so he has been diversifying his outrage lately from just the White Sox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you ever get tired of spending that much time formatting what is essentially a tired trope?

I always scroll past those posts haha kind of an eyesore

  • Like 3
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robbie Ray is going to be putting his ass all over tv so the Sox better get it

 

wait what

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Zack Collins did a really nice job behind the plate last night, especially with the balls in the dirt.  I don't anticipate him starting v Ray but I wouldn't be opposed to it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA, Yoan, Jose, Eloy DH, Robert, Vaughn LF, Cesar, Leury RF, Zavala for those wondering. We got a real lineup!

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

So you’re saying he’s gonna be DFA soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×