Official NBA 22-23

Reinsdorf should have booed since the franchise hasn’t done much since 1998, he sucks with the Bulls and White Sox and his organization put on a crappy event. Pippen and Jordan should have tolerated each other and been there. Good for Ron Harper for comforting Jerry Krause’s widow.

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Steve Rosenbloom blamed the clueless Bulls as well.  Reinsdorf must hire the dumbest PR people for both of his teams.  How often has Krause been booed over the years that they should have expected it and known better?

You got me interested, so I listened to it.  Steve also blamed Jordan and Jackson for demonizing Krause.  That deserves a mention.

2 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You got me interested, so I listened to it.  Steve also blamed Jordan and Jackson for demonizing Krause.  That deserves a mention.

Yes, I did forget to mention this.  Rosenbloom said that Phil was done and wasn’t coming back and Jordan said he would only play for Phil as his coach.

I will say I was not a fan of Jerry Krause. I think the thing that really bothered me was how he almost was giddy at the end of the dynasty. That said I would never boo him, or boo years after he died with his poor wife representing him.  

Maybe MJ or Phil or Scottie should have been better to him. I don’t know all of their personal dealings and what was said. But to pin blame on them for thousands of adults booing a dead man with his wife there, is ridiculous. Not being a decent human being is more than normal these days. Maybe someday it will matter again. It was supposed to be a night of celebration.

i also get the Bulls should have known better people. But, it would be kind of hard to have the Ring of Honor and not include him, or include him and not make him part of the ceremony. Not everyone booed. To say we couldn’t include him because we cannot trust how the fans will respond might piss the people on the correct side of this off. And the not know his wife was there? Red Kerr was before him and his son was there. It was all over social media and airwaves that his wife was at the gala the night before. We need to quit making excuses for these idiots. The blame for the boos is on the assholes who booed.

Edited by Dick Allen

17 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I dislike Krause, instead of building harmony in that team, he made it dysfunctional and they succeeded despite of him. Still, I wouldn't have booed, especially towards his widow that had nothing to do with his dumb decisions.

Krause moves:

Traded for Scottie

Drafted Horace

Found and hired Phil as an assistant from the Albany Patrons of the CBA

Fired Doug Collins and promoting Phil

Hiring Tex Winter (triangle offense)

Trading Oakley for Cartwright

Trading Will Perdue for Rodman

Signing Kerr and Harper

Drafting Kukoc

Yeah, what a bum. Totally won despite his terrible moves. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Krause moves:

Traded for Scottie

Drafted Horace

Signing Kerr and Harper

Drafting Kukoc

Pretty sure it's Patroons

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Krause moves:

Traded for Scottie

Drafted Horace

Signing Kerr and Harper

Drafting Kukoc

TBH, many GMs could've built around peak prime MJ. If he was as good as you think he was, why were the Bulls terrible after that dynasty ended? Yep, not having prime MJ was a pretty big hole to fill, and Floyd was absolutely horrid.

54 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

TBH, many GMs could've built around peak prime MJ. If he was as good as you think he was, why were the Bulls terrible after that dynasty ended? Yep, not having prime MJ was a pretty big hole to fill, and Floyd was absolutely horrid.

Name me other GMs who won championships after their original championship core/stars retired. I'll be waiting. 

Red Auerbach is one off the top of my head. Jerry West also as GM and team executive...Krause infamously said that organizations won titles, not the players, guess what, the Bulls have gone back to irrelevance, they started as irrelevant, MJ brought them to relevance, and back to irrelevance we go...and Krause didn't draft the main piece of that dynasty either. 

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Mitch Kupchak comes to mind. 

I figured Jerry West would come upn. I always thought he was more responsible for the early 2000s Lakers than Mitch, but I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Bulls got screwed badly by the refs

I can't believe they let Grayson Allen screw them again. The fact that they took the basket away is just insane to me. The shot was already in the air. The "foul" happened after the shot was on its way in. It's one thing if the foul happened before the shot, but this was well after the shot and had no effect on getting the shot off. It shouldn't even be a foul. In fact if they hadn't called it an and-1 they don't even challenge.  DeRozan scraping Allen's arm on the way down from a shot should be a no call at worst. The way they officiated this game differently all night for Phoenix and then handed them 2 challenges is a terrible look. DeMar was getting fouled all night and had to b**** and moan endlessly to get some calls in the 3rd quarter.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chw42 said:

I can't believe they let Grayson Allen screw them again. The fact that they took the basket away is just insane to me. The shot was already in the air. The "foul" happened after the shot was on its way in. It's one thing if the foul happened before the shot, but this was well after the shot and had no effect on getting the shot off. It shouldn't even be a foul. In fact if they hadn't called it an and-1 they don't even challenge.  DeRozan scraping Allen's arm on the way down from a shot should be a no call at worst. The way they officiated this game differently all night for Phoenix and then handed them 2 challenges is a terrible look. DeMar was getting fouled all night and had to b**** and moan endlessly to get some calls in the 3rd quarter.

I THINK they had to call the DeRozen shoulder to the Allen chest which was taken before the shot, otherwise it really doesn't make sense.  But yes, the officiating was AWFUL, and this comes from someone who watches more high school ball than anything else.

15 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Doc Rivers to Bucks lol

I don't get it, but im also not a huge basketball fan, how does Doc Rivers keep getting head coaching jobs? This is his 5th head coach job now, doesn't that kind of tell you hes not the guy.

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

I don't get it, but im also not a huge basketball fan, how does Doc Rivers keep getting head coaching jobs? This is his 5th head coach job now, doesn't that kind of tell you hes not the guy.

Kind of seems like the players are making the call here. Have to think giannis and dame were sort of leading the charge in getting Adrian fired, and they probably made the call that they wanted Doc. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know how often coaches really lead the team to a championship. Spoelstra's work in miami in getting to two finals may be the lead there but even then it's part of an overall culture that the FA sets by getting only hard working dudes there.

For the most part you need on established, super star teams a coach that the players respect and he can keep together enough. Doc mostly does that, though he was one of many that could not corrale james harden.

His work with the Clippers prior to them going all in on Kawhi was pretty damn good. Then...did he fail the clippers or did it just not work with that group? Did he fail the sixers? not sure we'll see them get over the hump this year either.

But the Bucks could win with Budenholzer who seemed to often actively try to do things his team wasn't good at. Doc doesn't need to do much on the court with that team, just keep them together.

I don’t know what the hell this team is doing. I suppose maybe in long run they need to get Lavine out there and maybe do something on court so you can deal in offseason but at least move on from Derozan if you can or get a ton of capital for Caruso while he still has one more year under contract. 

This is probably the single worse front office in Chicago sports history with how little they do and that says a lot given the Rick Hahn era. 

The apparent lofty goal of being just mediocre enough to contend for the play-in feels a hell of a lot like the Sox general approach of kinda sorta trying to be slightly less shitty than the other shitty teams in their division.

Great stuff JR.