Lynn and Kelly to LAD for Trayce Thompson, RHSP Nick Nastrini and RHRP Jordan Leasure

Heads22

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

Serious question, does anyone remember where the “TNT” nickname started for Trayce when he was on the Sox?

Trayce Nikolas Thompson his initials. You probably know that but someone along the way started using it.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Trayce Nikolas Thompson his initials. You probably know that but someone along the way started using it.

Right, I was wondering the origin.

Sox social or somewhere else on the internet 

One more point about Nastrini and Bush vs. Burke:  Notice how both those guys were in AA and the Sox pushed Burke to a launching pad in AAA without a full or dominating AA season?  I am not hating on Burke. It's possible that a saner org would have developed him properly.

55 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Have either of these dudes had tommy john yet? 

Nastrini had TJS in 2019

edit: maybe not, I saw someone on Reddit mention it but can’t find anything on the web.

Edited by Sockin

11 minutes ago, Texsox said:

All these pitchers leaving and no team wants their favorite catcher?? Damn it

Fairly certain Yaz won't be playing for the Sox by the game on Tuesday night.   Gotta imagine someone will grab him, but Sox going to have to eat some $. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

One more point about Nastrini and Bush vs. Burke:  Notice how both those guys were in AA and the Sox pushed Burke to a launching pad in AAA without a full or dominating AA season?  I am not hating on Burke. It's possible that a saner org would have developed him properly.

like the Org Bush came from that pushed a 20 year old to AA and skipped A+?

I don't think challenging players is the problem this board thinks. It's just a thing we can tangibly point to. The problem to me is we don't prepare them at all for each level or progress them with better preparation.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Nastrini had TJS in 2019

edit: maybe not, I saw someone on Reddit mention it but can’t find anything on the web.

Apparently his 2019 surgery was for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and I'm not expert enough to offer more details than this.

https://theathletic.com/3377581/2022/06/23/dodgers-nick-nastrini/

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Never mind that s%*#. Get the best prospects you can, no matter where they play or at which level. Let the major league team get absolutely pounded every day. Makes no difference.

It was mainly tongue in cheek, but its amazing how this organization doesn't even have AAA filler options at SP

• Heads22 unpinned this topic