Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If I was the GM I would try to sign Cease to a long term contract. He's only 28 years old. If this team is ever  going to sign a pitcher to a long term contract Cease should be the one.

Why would Cease sign with the Sox after his contract is up?

All the things we don’t like about the Sox organization as fans are the same things the players have to put up with. 

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

All the things we don’t like about the Sox organization as fans are the same things the players have to put up with. 

If the Royals can give a big money contract to Bobby Witt  The White Sox  can sign Cease. 

1 hour ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Jerry’s passing replaced by a non Reinsdorf ownership group is the one scenario this may occur.

Jerry likely has lined up a buyer who will run the team in a similar fashion, hopefully at least without the bad statements or keeping on La Russa, Getz, Boyer et al around beyond a transition phase.

I still have hope Sox fans will get a new ownership group who will at least try to regularly compete in this weak ass division, and build a smart 21st century competitive franchise. Not expecting a Cohen or Guggenheim Group, just hoping to avoid another Fisher, Nutting, Dolan, Reinsdorf etc. regime.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If the Royals can give a big money contract to Bobby Witt  The White Sox  can sign Cease. 

If Blake Snell can’t get a contract worth $200 million when he has 2 Cy Young awards on his record, what is Dylan Cease worth? Right now I don’t have a clue. He certainly wouldn’t be a guy I would want to commit to for 8 years based on his current performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Sure, they can…  but they won’t.  Have you not been paying attention to JR and the Sox in free agency over the past 20+ years?

• Fire 1

56 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If Blake Snell can’t get a contract worth $200 million when he has 2 Cy Young awards on his record, what is Dylan Cease worth? Right now I don’t have a clue. He certainly wouldn’t be a guy I would want to commit to for 8 years based on his current performance.

Snell has never allowed more than 16 homers in a season. Tampa and SD are pitchers parks, but still. Sox should sign him and try to win a weak division instead of trading Cease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zisk said:

Snell has never allowed more than 16 homers in a season. Tampa and SD are pitchers parks, but still. Sox should sign him and try to win a weak division instead of trading Cease.

Holy s%*# what the heck is this- a bold idea?  

9 minutes ago, zisk said:

Blake Snell does not come close to making this an 85 win team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure, they can…  but they won’t.  Have you not been paying attention to JR and the Sox in free agency over the past 20+ years?

Maybe JR should ask the taxpayers of Illinois and Chicago to help fund a Dylan Cease contract extension. I'm sure the City or State can install a license plate reader at the 35st Street exit off the Dan Ryan. Every car that uses that exit is tolled fifty cents into a White Sox free agent fund. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Certainly the White Sox can.... but they refuse to do things like that because it runs counter to the organizational philosophy under JR.

I would think history has made this obvious to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

I would like Lalane and Arias please.

From BA today.

Prospect buzz has an interesting way of percolating through the baseball world. If you listen and follow people who cover the games at ballparks, they’ll often share what people inside baseball are telling them, and you can pick out the guys that the industry is buzzing about. One of those guys is Henry Lalane, who is universally praised and has the type of profile that can make a huge leap, with enough of a stateside track record to have confidence in the projection. Plus command, with good shape and velo on the fastball, a present breaking ball, and a tall athletic frame all point toward a player with a lot of upside.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

statline was good.. how did he look?

Cease? He looked great. Touched 97 and was completely in control. One hanging curve was smashed for a homer but that was really his only mistake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WBWSF said:

A few years ago I wrote JR a letter requesting to be interviewed for the GM job. I thought Hahn was going to get fired. He was fired years later. JR didn't respond to me. Matter of fact he hasn't responded to any of my other letter after that. Its really  a shame  I'm not the GM. Teams are not willing to give a ton of players for Cease. Looks like he's staying with the White Sox. If I was the GM I would try to sign Cease to a long term contract. He's only 28 years old. If this team is ever  going to sign a pitcher to a long term contract Cease should be the one.

You’re like the SoxTalk version of Shawshank.  Keep writing and you’ll eventually get your library! 

• Love 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Including Yankees scouts being at Cease start. I’m sure they’re just enjoying a baseball game though.

True. After all, this is the first note from any so-called insiders we've heard the entire offseason. It's not like they've yelled "Things are about to go down" after literally every other thing that happened the entire offseason and been wrong every time. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic