Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hey look, Reds adding salary when I was told yesterday there was no way the Reds would be taking back contracts (even tho they'd be dumping lots of it with that I proposed!) Good stuff 

Puzzling move tho

They might as well have just held onto Miley.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Well if it’s gotten to a 4-5 team bidding war I wouldn’t hold my breath that the Whitesox win it 

If we got into a 4-5 team bidding war for these pitchers I wouldn't want to win it. 

The price would be beyond exorbitant.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

They might as well have just held onto Miley.

Every team should have jumped on Miley. $10 million for a guy who can eat innings and pitch decent enough is a bargain in this market. 

Is Sheets for Manaea a fair deal?

One year of Lynn costed us Dunning and Weems. Now Lynn was more valuable than Manaea, and same could be said about Dunning compared to Sheets. So is Manaea for Sheet plus very low level prospect enough? Unfortunately competition seems very heavy at this point.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

C'mon Ptatc I know I'm annoying to some people because I call a spade a spade. However it usually swings a lot more in the other direction. The whiners, complainers, the eeyore mob whatever you want to call them .What they usually hear is how miserable and unhappy we are and maybe it's time to find another team or hobby that's more relaxing. One longtime mod is famous for that.

It is possible to love your hometown team, love baseball but be a bit unhappy about the way things are going and state your case about it. We whiners don't whine about optimistic people because we see a lot of what they see. They might hear about "rose colored glasses" and "carrying water" once in a while but no one ever tells them " Hey you like the Sox too much , go find another team."

Do you ever stop crying about how unfair everyone is to you 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

But why? Why sign a player that is possibly worse in 2022, pay for the privilege and ship out a cost controlled asset as well?

I guess it depends on the SP. And I believe that Joc is going to have a bounce back year while Sheets is unlikely to maintain his 2021 performance, but I understand the opposite argument

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I guess it depends on the SP. And I believe that Joc is going to have a bounce back year while Sheets is unlikely to maintain his 2021 performance, but I understand the opposite argument

What's he gonna bounce back from? He hasn't been a league average player in nearly 4 years now. People are living in the past.

Would you guys do a trade involving Montas+Laureano for Vaughn + small adds ?

Actually, that probably wouldn't work since I think Laureano has 4 years of service time and is very valuable.

But maybe worth thinking?

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Actually, that probably wouldn't work since I think Laureano has 4 years of service time and is very valuable.

Laureano is an icky cheater. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31974892/oakland-outfielder-ramon-laureano-suspended-80-games-ped-violation

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Vaughn is worth more than Montas. Laureano would help plug the gap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Sounds like either way the preferred RF choice wouldn't be coming. I guess it depends on which of the three is traded and what's the return. 

Sox arent budging on Confortos ask. 2 of their backup options disappeared this morning. Got a bad feeling its trending toward the platoon or Joc in right. Hopefully wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't. He doesn't have any value without options. Lambert could be in it though. 

I think he has some value if Velasquez is worth 3 million.  The upside is there and you hold control for next season if he has success.  While rebuilding teams SHOULD jump all the way down to a first year player, they always seem to burn a few million to save some face.  

Just now, GREEDY said:

I think he has some value if Velasquez is worth 3 million.  The upside is there and you hold control for next season if he has success.  While rebuilding teams SHOULD jump all the way down to a first year player, they always seem to burn a few million to save some face.  

Velasquez was worth $3 million to us. I doubt another team is lining up to give him more than half that. 

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Laureano is a stud. I think I would do Montas+Laureano for Vaughn + Some other good pieces to get it done.

Gimmie an OF defense of Roberts + Laureano? And we can stick Eloy anywhere.

Laureano is yet another righty though. And he did roids. 

1 minute ago, Pal said:

Sox arent budging on Confortos ask. 2 of their backup options disappeared this morning. Got a bad feeling its trending toward the platoon or Joc in right. Hopefully wrong.

5/$110?  Rosario and Suzuki were the back up options?  Or am I forgetting someone.