Glad to see Dallas has pride

greg775

No, no he won't turn the tide. His last 32 starts, from 5/5/21 through last night (excludes two relief appearances over that time frame):

157.1 IP, 107 ER, 198 H, 66 BB

4.9 IP/start

6.13 ERA

1.68 WHIP

It's an insult to the other 25 guys on this roster (and also the fans who buy tickets) to allow him to continue starting. Let him be the mop up guy until Lynn and Kelly are back and the pitcher limit goes back down to 13 on June 20, then DFA him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dallas should say some more tough things.  Maybe talk about how everyone else doesn't know how to win, and how he has to show them how to win, and maybe they should all be in better defensive spots, and also nobody should doubt him because he will use that and turn the tide with his pride 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Pretty sad that the sox system is so thin that they don't have a guy who can give them 5 innings with a 4.5 era. 

I wonder if it would make sense to use an opener for dallas as long as you need him. 

Have an opener go the first 5-6 batters so dallas starts with the bottom of the lineup and only goes through the heart of the order like once or twice at best. 

The Sox do have options; that’s what’s so maddening. Reylo has been very good as a long reliever. He can start. VV has been up and down, but even when bad, he’s waaaay less bad than Keuchel, and VV has throw a couple good games. Go with Martin; give him another start. Anyone of those guys is better than throwing away a game starting Keuchel.

• Like 2

Lol @ he has "afforded himself some leeway".

HTF does he figure? Dude is skating on the thinnest possible ice. He's got a foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Better get it together quick. 

Once Lynn comes back, DK should be gone or relegated to mop up duty in blowouts.

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lol @ he has "afforded himself some leeway".

HTF does he figure? Dude is skating on the thinnest possible ice. He's got a foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Better get it together quick. 

Once Lynn comes back, DK should be gone or relegated to mop up duty in blowouts.

I lol’d at that line too. 

Maybe the leeway is that he’s making a bajillion dollars. Or that once upon a time he won a cy young. You know, the stuff that really matters to a team that’s supposedly trying to win now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

32 innings in 44 games. 

I understand the unlikeliness, but the fact that he's still in the rotation tells me his leash is super long. He can give up 6 runs across 6 innings each start the rest of the way while TLR give him time to "figure things out."

Is it likely? No. We've done dumber things though, and I guess I'm more scared of the depths of this organization's stupidity than of anything else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

32 innings in 44 games. 

...or to put it another way, until Keuchel is DFA'd and released (or ends up anywhere else other than our roster), I am concerned he'll hit 160IP.

28 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I understand the unlikeliness, but the fact that he's still in the rotation tells me his leash is super long. He can give up 6 runs across 6 innings each start the rest of the way while TLR give him time to "figure things out."

Is it likely? No. We've done dumber things though, and I guess I'm more scared of the depths of this organization's stupidity than of anything else.

Come on, man. I give this organization heaps of shit, but he’s got the highest ERA in the majors. Basically, Dallas is a FA at the end of the year but the Sox have a choice if they want to keep him 1 more year. You really think they have any interest in running it back with him, especially at 20 mil?

That option was NEVER going to be picked up. 

• Like 1

Screw the pride crap! He is hurting the team. He needs a DFA today and just eat his damn salary. If JR doesn't want to eat the money, which is stupidity, then he needs to be solely in the bullpen and let VV back in the rotation. 

Starts - 8
Innings 32
ERA - 7.88
WHIP 2.16
ER's - 28
BB's - 20
Hits - 49

The true definition of Insanity is to keep throwing Keuchel out every 5 games and think the above stats will produce a different outcome! That is delusional and insane!