Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

43 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Go for it then. Is "Eloy + Hendriks for Alvarez" a deal you think is fair to the Mets? Tell me why. I think it's insanely overvaluing White Sox players.

I'm editing this down to say that, yes from the Mets' standpoint, it's one-sided for the Sox.
But from the Sox standpoint, it isn't.  By giving up Eloy for prospects, they are giving up any reasonable chance to compete in 2023.  They need to be compensated for that lost chance to compete.

Edited by GreenSox

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What awful overpay trades have they made? C'mon folks. If they were willing to move both those guys, they can get WAY better. Eloy + Hendriks alone doesn't get you Alvarez, it doesn't even get you in the ballpark, and no their GM isn't an idiot.

i generally understand your points, and largely agree. But I think we're at least in the parking lot of the ballpark. Known quantities are worth a lot, so Eloy and Hendricks are getting a little undersold here. The Mets are offering 1 known quantity and a prospect, albeit a big one. Deals get feasible when one side is highly motivated. Cohen is a madman.. Just a matter of fleshing this out. Shoot for the moon, and the Batys  of the organization become a lot more doable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

I'm editing this down to say that, yes from the Mets' standpoint, it's one-sided for the Sox.
But from the Sox standpoint, it isn't.  By giving up Eloy for prospects, they are giving up any reasonable chance to compete in 2023.  They need to be compensated for that lost chance to compete.

Hoping the Mets have fortified their nets. Hey Santa some new trade threads please and put the name Outman in your spam filter.  

I agree with the sentiment around here that if this is going to happen it will happen sooner than later. I actually think FO is playing this correctly and trying to get Cohen to overpay in prospects because Cohen overlays for everything else and generally gets what he wants. Eppler may be running the show right now and trying to do a "fair" trade but I think the Sox want and need Cohen to step in and overrule Eppler and pay what it takes to get a player like Liam.

If that's even a possibility, I dont see a way where it all of a sudden happens in Jan or Feb.

The package starts with their catching prospect or no deal, IMO. That is our #1 area of need and if they want one of the games best relievers, he is the piece that makes the most sense. They can always sign their next catcher in FA anyway.

16 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I agree with the sentiment around here that if this is going to happen it will happen sooner than later. I actually think FO is playing this correctly and trying to get Cohen to overpay in prospects because Cohen overlays for everything else and generally gets what he wants. Eppler may be running the show right now and trying to do a "fair" trade but I think the Sox want and need Cohen to step in and overrule Eppler and pay what it takes to get a player like Liam.

If that's even a possibility, I dont see a way where it all of a sudden happens in Jan or Feb.

The package starts with their catching prospect or no deal, IMO. That is our #1 area of need and if they want one of the games best relievers, he is the piece that makes the most sense. They can always sign their next catcher in FA anyway.

We can always trade Liam for fair market value...holding out for overpay is absolutely essential.

• Like 1

TA, Eloy or Robert should be off the table unless an All Star level player plus a pitching prospect is coming back in return...and even that would seem foolish.  Eloy has the potential to hit 40+ HR and hit for average. Robert is an absolute stud.  TA is at the height of his career.

Hendriks plus a prospect should be enough to land a player at a position of need...like catcher or second base.

Screw the Met fans trade proposals. Hahn is not going to disassemble the core of this team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tray said:

TA, Eloy or Robert should be off the table unless an All Star level player plus a pitching prospect is coming back in return...and even that would seem foolish…. 

Hahn is not going to disassemble the core of this team.

And it’s too late, Tray B., now it’s to late…..

fWAR 2020-2022

• Abreu 9.5
  • Anderson 9.1
  • Robert Jr. 6.6
  • Moncada 6.0
  •  Jimenez 3.6

Abreu 9.5 > 10 D 4.1+ Eloy 3.6 + Clevenger 1.1 + Vaughn -0.7

• Like 1

Liam is an extremely durable and reliable closer signed for a good price. The Sox don't HAVE to trade him. It's going to take a haul to get him. Any deal would probably require a 3rd team because a contending team looking for a closer isn't likely to be able to part with the MLB ready 2B or OF the Sox would want back as the main piece in the deal.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Part of me wants to keep him but part of me is intrigued in what we can get.

The trade value for Hendriks and Mauricio is almost identical BTW. I think we will want a premium, so maybe that's why we are asking for Mauricio + if you believe the rumor. If they threw in Guillorme that would be great for immediate help in 2023. 

• Like 1