Eloy Jimenez has appendix removed, out 4-6 weeks per Grifol

caulfield12

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

It would be equally interesting to know how many teams haven’t had to use a 6th starter all season this year because of their solid health.

Not using a 6th starter doesn't matter if the 5 you have are not performing!

• Thanks 1

It says to avoid strenuous activity for ar least 2-4 weeks. I would consider swinging a bat exactly that. Plus it will take a bit to ramp up. He’s not going to be ready a day after he can really let it go. So 4-6 sounds right. Probably closer to 4 if everything goes according to plan.

My mom had hers burst/removed last summer and she wasn't allowed any lifting over 20 lbs for at least 4 weeks. Obviously she wasn't a professional athlete in her mid to late 20s so maybe there's some hope he can bounce back quicker. While the situation sucks, the initial recovery time frame seems reasonable. 

• Hawk 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Dunn was 6 days.  Unless it burst seems odd.  

It's basically and out-patient surgery with very little incision. 

Not blaming Eloy but yest another representation of why depth pieces were needed. 

Dunn also batted .159 for rest of the year.

I think the Sox are being cautious with the 4-6 week estimate because they have been raked over coals by fans and media about their injury time lines ....like yoan (was suppose to be out for a series)

This slogan fits best: "If Eloy didn't have any bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all!"

I know once again this sucks and this team just continually punches our gut painfully!, but the Sox are truly the greatest example of "Murphy's Law"... "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

50 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This slogan fits best: "If Eloy didn't have any bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all!"

I know once again this sucks and this team just continually punches our gut painfully!, but the Sox are truly the greatest example of "Murphy's Law"... "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

"Luck is the residue of design...-"Branch" Rickey

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

I really hope a random school of piranhas that took a wrong turn from the Amazon river and accidentally wound up in Eloy's hospital room don't attack him, and also I hope he doesn't get struck by a comet and then lightning, followed by a bird flying by and shitting directly on his head afterwards. 

What fucking luck. Hope he's alright and back soon.

This is both funny and sad.

• Like 1