Who would you pick to replace Grifol? Outside the box answers only.

Quin

1 hour ago, pcullotta said:

Tom Berenger. James Gammon would have been my first choice, but he is unavailable due to death, so I'll go with his protege.  They have succeeded in these circumstances before, why couldn't they do it again?

Despicable owner - Check

Team built to lose - Check

Stadium issues/threatening to leave city - Check

Terrible fan attendence - Check

Players that nobody knows - Check 

For those who say Berenger is too old, he is younger than another recent manager of ours.  

Pitcher with legal issues and a shitty haircut - Check

Seriously though, I like the idea another poster suggested in a different thread where a fan is chosen each game and announced like The Price Is Right.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

AJ Pierzynski

Paul Konerko

Jim Thome

Scott Podsednik

Outside the box? Willie Harris or Mark DeRosa

Good post Beast. I also thought of AJP immediately after Ozzie. ... But since the Sox already are not getting fined for making a mockery of baseball (all involved should be ASHAMED of this roster) I'd do something fun the rest of the year. Instead of a celebrity singing take me out to the ballgame, have a celebrity manager each series. Start with Steve Stone, then Big Hurt, then Obama, then Kathy Griffin, then Lori Lightfoot (Sox fan), then Brad Underwood, etc., down the line. It'd be fun. If Ozzie or AJP were willing they could sit in the dugout next to the guest manager and make sure they knew the rules, etc. Pay them a few bucks to help.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd suggest make a wish kid but who would want to lay that s%*# on them in addition to poor health?

Pretty close to Little Big League there with the Twins.

Jirschele or Leyland's son the correct answers here...at least someone under 45 or even 40.

Or a player manager. 

Most likely for JR would probably be Montoyo.

Another really fun one would be KW...but he would never agree to do it in a million years.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hawk.  He’ll get so fed up with how awful the team is that he’ll go silent and ditch out on them like Ozzie but to go play golf.

That would probably result in his desired death on the diamond ... but does anyone really want that to be their final memory of him?

• Love 1

As a fan, you would have to massively overpay me to manage this fucking abomination. It's the worst job in baseball. You can't squeeze water out of a rock, and anyone who has watched more than nine innings of this team, knows it. 

They won't fire Grifol because they won't find anybody to take this job that would be an upgrade.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Martin Maldonado, just to get him to retire. Let him hav a pitch com so he can put down the fingers and not attempt everything he can no longer do.

Winning idea.

52 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

As a fan, you would have to massively overpay me to manage this fucking abomination. It's the worst job in baseball. You can't squeeze water out of a rock, and anyone who has watched more than nine innings of this team, knows it. 

They won't fire Grifol because they won't find anybody to take this job that would be an upgrade.

This. We hired a guy that possibly can grow with the team. With this shitty of a roster I'll be happy if I see some improvement each month.