Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

12 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Other than a guaranteed paycheck, I don’t see one reason even the most inept baseball people would think Pedro can manage a championship team. If the goal is to be .500 and try to sneak into the playoffs because of a bad division, sort of like the Bulls these days, then OK. He can probably manage an average team if things go his way, but he really is almost Terry Bevington level. I fully expect he’ll be gone at some point in 2024.

I mean, you've been around for a while. 

Has there ever been a shred of evidence to tell us that's not EXACTLY what Jerry's plan has always been? 

• Like 1

I wonder if Getz has any regrets committing to Pedro for another season. They lay down immediately. How can he be back? You would think with only 30 of these jobs in the world, you would have to earn your keep. Apparently all Pedro has to do is tell the press that Getz and JR are great, and competitive and want to win. If they really wanted to win, Pedro is an easy call.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if Getz has any regrets committing to Pedro for another season. They lay down immediately. How can he be back? You would think with only 30 of these jobs in the world, you would have to earn your keep. Apparently all Pedro has to do is tell the press that Getz and JR are great, and competitive and want to win. If they really wanted to win, Pedro is an easy call.

It’s honestly mind-boggling to me.  We all get there is a serious talent deficiency with this roster, but the complete lack of hustle & heart on a nightly basis is beyond indefensible.  We’ve also seen very little improvement from almost any of the players, in particular in regards to controlling the strike zone.  And on top of that, he doesn’t convey any confidence that he knows what he’s doing when being interviewed in pressers.  The guy is all around terrible and that should be clear as day to anyone who follows this team on the regular.

man at some point of the season you just kinda check out with "this team is bad" but every once in a while it hits you that somehow this team is worse than the worst they trotted out during the rebuilds. All garcia, alan hanson dudes performing better than this group. 

Absolutely wild.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

man at some point of the season you just kinda check out with "this team is bad" but every once in a while it hits you that somehow this team is worse than the worst they trotted out during the rebuilds. All garcia, alan hanson dudes performing better than this group. 

Absolutely wild.

Danny Farquhar almost died and was performing better.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

It has never even occurred to Pedro that this thread exists.

For two reasons, because he also had that weirdo quote about how he doesn’t even come close to using the internet.

Its bad enough that he’s been a terrible manager, but with his absolute zero personality there’s just nothing redeeming about him.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

You have to be trolling

I'm not certain how you see trolling. 

I'm joking that he'll be long gone before this team is any good. Looking forward to him managing a different team (as in not here) and he'll take that competitive team and trash it which is good for us. 

He'll probably finish this contract (because that's what we've always done) but he won't sign a second contract. I'm looking forward to that day, aren't you?

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I find Pedro's post-game media chats so strange.  He literally just recaps the game.  Adds no real analysis or commentary.  I have never seen a manager do it like it that...its really weird. 

He is an idiot.  How that was not exposed in the interview process tells you everything you need to know about this clown car.

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

He is an idiot.  How that was not exposed in the interview process tells you everything you need to know about this clown car.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I find Pedro's post-game media chats so strange.  He literally just recaps the game.  Adds no real analysis or commentary.  I have never seen a manager do it like it that...its really weird. 

I see it more as a "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" strategy to keep negative comments about the team private.

I certainly don't fault him for THAT.

Chris Getz should fire Pedro Grifol but Chris Getz won’t fire Pedro Grifol because he’s Chris Getz and Chris Getz shouldn’t be the head of any Major League Baseball Organization but Jerry Reinsdorf owns this organization and Jerry Reinsdorf shouldn’t be allowed to own a Major League Organization in 2023. 

Basically what I’m trying to say is I can’t waste my time rooting for this team as long as Jerry is here. After Jerry’s media session, I lost ALL hope.