Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

Just now, Rowand44 said:

I'll never understand people that didn't like Jason.  He's the best around.  Wasn't going to watch many games this year anyways so whatever but this doesn't help.

Ditto.  I’m good on 2024 white Sox.  f*** this ownership group 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Maybe Hawk was onto something about Brooks

Yeah, I don't know why Jason would bolt to Detroit. He loves the Sox. Loves Steve. Something had to piss him off. When he was just starting, I thought he was trying to do a 2 hour comedy bit in 20 minutes. But he grew on me. This is another Sox loss.

• Like 4

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, I don't know why Jason would bolt to Detroit. He loves the Sox. Loves Steve. Something had to piss him off. When he was just starting, I thought he was trying to do a 2 hour comedy bit in 20 minutes. But he grew on me. This is another Sox loss.

I don’t think the Sox liked how unavailable he was during the second half of seasons. 

IMO, this is great news.  Fun is great, but silly, goofy, fake, overly quirky, convincing everyone you’re the most “clever”—it all leads to disconnect and awkwardness and that gets old quick.  Our broadcasts were unwatchable care of the team, and “unlistenable” because of this guy!  We need someone real, identifiable and passionate to rebrand the Sox from the booth.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

I'll never understand people that didn't like Jason.  He's the best around.  Wasn't going to watch many games this year anyways so whatever but this doesn't help.

He’s great and there’s a reason he’s gotten so many big opportunities.  I’m sure the replacement will be worse and they probably replace Stone with Beckham so a garbage team will also have terrible broadcast team.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

What I've learned is that people on this board want someone that just repeats their own thoughts back to them. They will hate the next announcer as soon as they do something like ask a question to their color commentator, use silence, dont' use silence, or any number of rules that this board has established.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4