Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Awful.

No. 

If you want a "volume" deal in lieu of Jones or Dominguez, it would be Arias, Hampton, Lalane and Lombard.

No indication Arias, Hampton or Lombard are available

If the White Sox were really asking for some of the names or packages that are being floated I imagine a deal would have been done already.

Getz is obviously still asking for the moon, and rightfully so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That could be possible…still think we were asking for Jones alongside some of those players.

Yep...Getz is insisting on Jones as the main piece per Bob and ofcourse there will be secondary pieces. If they are willing to eventually (like in 2 weeks) give in on Jones, I'll take Warren instead of Hampton if it would make Cashman feel better. 

Either way, it's Jones+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I'd say current ownership would have to be no longer in the picture for them to be decent again, unless they get really lucky.

Don't see Jerry spending until the early to mid 2030s, after a new stadium, a move, or perhaps a short extension at the current stadium. Tony returning to manage again to catch 3,000 wins over a 2-3 year stretch would be the one exception.

New ownership may spend, have to hope for the best on that front when the time comes.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which means they aren’t serious about adding Cease

And it means that other teams could include those types of players and easily beat a Yankees deal in both quality and quantity if they wanted.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are plenty of prospects who are drafted at places like CF or 3B and developed the whole way through the system as such.  It's just if a SS fails you have more options to go with them.  If a 1B fails, not so much.

Right. Me using most probably isn't totally accurate. I probably should have said come up through prep ranks as SS. Regardless, you can't have too many SS prospects even if you have a star SS in the bigs already. Guys that can play SS usually don't have issues finding another position if the bat plays.

26 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Right. Me using most probably isn't totally accurate. I probably should have said come up through prep ranks as SS. Regardless, you can't have too many SS prospects even if you have a star SS in the bigs already. Guys that can play SS usually don't have issues finding another position if the bat plays.

If you have an elite SS prospect at AAA, he's probably also top 25 in baseball, maybe better. That's tradeable for elite pitching or all star players (Robert caliber) if you do have a guy fully blocked.

• Like 1

Put me down as not caring one bit about what position the players coming back play. I want the best consensus prospects at any position. I think I can count on one hand (maybe one or two fingers) how many times in over 30 years as a Sox fan the Sox had a glut of players at one position where someone was blocked. It just doesn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Put me down as not caring one bit about what position the players coming back play. I want the best consensus prospects at any position. I think I can count on one hand (maybe one or two fingers) how many times in over 30 years as a Sox fan the Sox had a glut of players at one position where someone was blocked. It just doesn't happen.

Just wait until Borchard gets called up!

We don’t need Rowand, we have Brian Anderson in CF!

We are going to have Gordon Beckham playing 2B for the next ten years!

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Will admit, there are too many posters here who see that they are talking Cease with a team and automatically assume that means a deal is on the verge of happening in the next day.

I thought it was close because Cease even admitted in his postgame interview that Grifol talked to him about the recent trade rumors.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought it was close because Cease even admitted in his postgame interview that Grifol talked to him about the recent trade rumors.

That, and Grifol went from "Cease is my OD starter" a few weeks ago to "How the heck am I supposed to know if he's going to be on the OD roster" yesterday  --- it doesn't take a whole lot of deduction to think something has some legs. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That, and Grifol went from "Cease is my OD starter" a few weeks ago to "How the heck am I supposed to know if he's going to be on the OD roster" yesterday  --- it doesn't take a whole lot of deduction to think something has some legs. 

The General Manager talking to the player about potential rumors is certainly significant. But I'm not sure. Let's bring Balta the arbiter of truth in to get a read on all of this. 

• Thanks 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic