Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The other thing to think about is how likely it is that someone on the bench or in the lineup is on the IL by the end of April, which could absolutely open up a more permanent spot. 

I feel like I've been waiting for Micker to get to the big leagues for 15 years....I'd like to keep him around for a bit to see what we've got with him.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wegner said:

Let's pick up some more closers!!!

Also this should allow Micker to be in the Sox org for a little more time, eh?

51 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd say it seems incredibly likely he gets one of those spots and we see how things go to open the year.

I doubt it. I just don’t see when they could justify letting him play in the big leagues. Who would be sitting so Micker Adolfo could try to not strikeout over 40% of the time? He’ll likely be traded. It’s unfortunate but he just ran out of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I doubt it. I just don’t see when they could justify letting him play in the big leagues. Who would be sitting so Micker Adolfo could try to not strikeout over 40% of the time? He’ll likely be traded. It’s unfortunate but he just ran out of time. 

Packaged in a deal with Kimbrel or for someone farther away that doesn’t have to be added to a 40-man?

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Sigh, and it starts in the 10th inning too.

Hey how about some changes that could help our Sox...like the old neighborhood rule when you didn't have enough guys for a game....Right Field Out

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Packaged in a deal with Kimbrel or for someone farther away that doesn’t have to be added to a 40-man?

The problem is that Kimbrel will most likely go to a contender, but no contender is gonna give Adolfo a roster spot to have him figure out ML pitching. He needs more time in AAA.

Maybe Adolfo should go to Japan, for a year. LOL. Seriously, there is no room on this roster for him. Would that be allowed? Release him, have him sign a 1 year contract with a Japanese team, and then bring him back, if deemed ready, after that year. I have no idea if that's plausible.

Edited by Lillian

11 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Do we know if a DH can be put into the field now?

I doubt it as they are naming it after Ohtani.  This just allows him to keep DHing after he leaves the mound.

Edited by Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I doubt it was they are naming it after Ohtani.  This just allows him to keep DHing after he leaves the mound.

This makes the manager's job a lot easier.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic