Eloy is dead. Again.

southsider2k5

16 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Who Cares at this point? He's had enough days off and a massive injury risk whether he's fully healthy or banged up. May as well maximize his playing time at this point. 

I agree he’s an injury risk regardless, but it’s not a binary thing. The degree of risk is less if the MRI shows nothing, rather than nothing drastic.

Plus, him playing banged up can affect his performance (or already has been) to the point that other players on the roster are just better options.

It’s a sad state. Dude’s become such a huge question mark.

45 minutes ago, tray said:

I don't think Eloy is excessively overweight or out of condition. He is 6'4" tall and as strong as a bull.  He doesn't have a gut like Kirk or Naylor or heavy torso/legs like Vaughn or Burger. This kid has been slammed on this forum for everything he has done.  Yes, some criticism is justified and can be useful, but a lot of it is just garbage.   I suspect Eloy's  surgery left him with a hamstring that is still somewhat compromised...at least for athletic purposes. It looks to me like Eloy needs daily physical therapy  on that hamstring until he can run without fear that it pops or tears again. Until then, he probably should not be in the line-up.

I'm not saying he's fat or lazy. I'm saying he's training wrong, which is just as harmful. Training these days is all about prehab and injury prevention at least as much as simply gaining power and speed.

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not saying he's fat or lazy. I'm saying he's training wrong, which is just as harmful. Training these days is all about prehab and injury prevention at least as much as simply gaining power and speed.

What exactly is his training program?

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

But he did come back looking noticeably chubbier facially, he certainly hadn't spent his rehab time on a strict diet and working out hard. And carrying that extra could have a factor in injury recurrence.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

I wish I loved something as much as the White Sox love playing a man down 😬

Great post. It wouldn't be the modern White Sox without one, two or three guys or more out of action for whatever reason. Ugh. I do love me some Eloy when he's 100 percent tho.

14 hours ago, chw42 said:

Just IL him. 

An IL announcement retroactive to the date it happened should happen but they will just keep playing shorthanded for the last 2 games before the ASB. We'll find out over the ASB if Eloy is ready to play again by July 22. If not Haseley is likely back . Hahn back to "the team is on the floor" quotes playing coy about the Sox intentions before the trade deadline.